Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Very Late Halloween Recap

Halloween came and went... and in a lot of ways, I had expected it to be just another Halloween, but we try to do something different every year to make it a little more memorable than the year before.

Okay, before anything else. I have to disclose that there's not a lot of thought when it comes to me picking Ethan's costumes every Halloween. They have been typically whatever I was able to get on sale the year before (I've been lucky so far to predict the right size). He's still at a very convincing stage, but I'm sure my luck will be running out pretty soon. I have a feeling he's going to want to pick next year's costume....

So anyway, I got this Dash costume from a yard sale a year ago for $3. It was missing the mask, but I was able to borrow that from a friend. It was easy convincing Ethan to want to be a superhero....





That Friday before Halloween, we took Ethan to a "Trunk or Treat" event at a local church.... which, I have to admit, sounded a little weird at first. Our expectations were TOTALLY blown away. First of all, there weren't just a dozen cars parked in the church parking lot handing out candy. There were hundreds. Each "trunk" decorated more elaborate than the other. Cute. Freaky. Weird. Absolutely non-Halloween related (trucks decorated in Dodger gear). After the 50th car, I think Ethan started to get bored. But that wasn't the end of it. They had jumpers and games and food stands and a make shift skate park, fire trucks, police cars and even Navy helicopters for the kids the explore and play pretend. 3 hours later, we were pooped and retired to my mom's house for dinner. My only regret is not dressing up with Ethan. I think I was more excited to see a family dressed up as The Incredibles, as I run to get a photo op with Ethan. I would've totally dressed up as Elastigirl, but not sure if I would've gotten some resistance from Mike with wearing tights as Mr. Incredible. :)





Halloween eve: it was our first Halloween in our new home, so we were excited to see how many kids would come around for trick or treating. There were quite a few houses who had decorated with their typical pumpkins, spider webs and corpses hanging by their necks...... and for the most part, most of the houses participated and handed out candy. Mike and I dressed up as Fred and Wilma Flintstone and set out to get more candy... as if we didn't have enough already. Everyone kept asking why we didn't dress Ethan up as BamBam (which believe me, I thought about) until Mike crushed my dreams and made sure I knew that BamBam was, in fact, Betty and Barney Rubble's kid -- while Fred and Wilma had Pebbles. Mike was NOT about to let me dress Ethan as Pebbles.....




Next year, I'd like to have matching costumes for all of us, maybe even including Bella. Hmmmm...... maybe the Wizard of Oz? Ethan can be the Tinman, I'll be Dorothy of course, and Mike can be the Lion without a Heart..... hehe

I got time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails