Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Halloween is just around the corner!

We haven't really quite figured out what we're doing for Halloween this year. We got our pumpkins much earlier this year (last year, we bought it the day before Halloween because we wanted to wait for Mike to come home on leave to pick the pumpkins as part of our annual tradition).








Best part of that tradition is carving them since it always turns out to be a competition between me and Mike --- I think I won this year :)









My pumpkin

Mike's pumpkin (started out to be gargoyle until it collapsed so he carved an easier stencil of a cat on the other side)

Ethan's pumpkin (that he picked out and I carved)






Ethan's has two half-costumes -- I bought the "Dash from The Incredibles" costume from a yard sale last year but it's missing the mask and the boots (I think I may have found someone to borrow the rest from), and the other is a fireman suit -- the coat, i bought from Goodwill and the hat from a clearance rack at CVS (have to find some rain boots and a toy hose to finish it). Ethan seems okay with either one....... so....... I have until Friday to figure out which one he'll be wearing.

Mike and I haven't picked any costumes yet, but I found someone who might be able to lend us a Wilma and Fred getup. So if we do end up going to a friend's costume party, we won't have to go as the socket and the plug again.... LOL

I got the candy for the neighborhood kids -- I'm excited to finally live in a neighborhood that promises to have fun trick or treating. For 4 years in WV, we lived in a townhouse where we got zero trick or treaters... but every year, we kept buying candy anyway just in case (which we ended up eating ourselves). No good for my diet, if I were in one.....

Oh and I have to put the treat bags together for Ethan's class..... all 38 of them. Time to round up the guys for an assembly line!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails