Wednesday, March 04, 2009

I Guess Mommies Get Boo Boos Too


My mugshot at urgent care


My first actual BROKEN bone in my entire existence (not counting the hairline fracture at the tip of my finger I sustained as a souveneir from boot camp). This time, the culprit is that dang extreme sport they call snowboarding. Go figure.

I'll post my gruesome xrays tonight.

So I have to go in for surgery tomorrow – pre-op instructions say the procedure should take about 45 minutes but I’ll probably be out a little longer than that. They have to put rods to keep my bone in place and then perhaps cast it for the next 2 months.

I’ll be taking Friday off to recover, although I imagine I’ll probably just sleep it off tomorrow and be fine the next day. Then again, I thought initially it was just a sprain… and now it’s turned into a whole saga. A saga that Mike is very much familiar with… but not me!

I guess mommies break too sometimes……

More updates later.


P.S. It’s hard to freaking type with one hand.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails