Thursday, July 03, 2008

Borrowed Times: The beach

For the past couple of months, it seems like we are living on borrowed time. Being away from my husband, the uncertainty of how long we'll be apart, having to quit my job, and taking my son from everything he ever knew and moving him across the country to live with people he barely recognized -- well, you can say my life has somewhat felt like a whirlwind. Some good, some bad.

Then there are those borrowed times when nothing else matters, because we get to act like we're on this never-ending vacation... where the biggest worries are ridiculously over-inflated parking fees, finding a spot on a crowded stretch of the beach and keeping the sandcrabs from climbing up our shorts.


3 comments:

Laureen said...

You're already back in California? Yay!!

Wendy said...

How are things going for you guys? Don't see you on here much, but I am guilty of the same thing. Life just gets busy, right?

Kimberly said...

WELL HELLO!!! I've missed seeing pics and reading updates! Email me sometime!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails