Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April Goals

So my blog is titled This is my life... and yet, any other person would probably agree it'd be more appropriate to rename it This is Ethan's Life since I rarely get to share very much of me -- that is outside of the domain of being a momma. Don't get me wrong. Being a mother is my proudest accomplishment. But truthfully, if I had even an inkling of a life outside of Ethan, it's quite uneventful. How can you be bored?, my sister always asks like I have some magical answer. I have a job that keeps me busy and a family that keeps me on my toes. Apparently, that means I don't have time to be bored. But I do sometimes get bored, though I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing. What is boredome after all but the absence of challenge?

Sadly, one of my most gratifying hobbies right now is completing a purchase at CVS using as many coupons as I can get away with and paying as little as possible. It was a hoot in the beginning, and I can assure you the instant gratification of getting something for free can be quite exhilirating especially for a cheapskate like me, that is until you become consumed by it and/or you eventually run out of room to put stuff in... or both.

I had a real hobby once, I think. At some point, I loved to take pictures. Until I fell victim to the promising impression of extra cash, it quickly became a job and the fun got sucked right out of it. But it's something I've been seriously thinking of picking up again... though I'm not just talking about photographing Ethan... but other things too. It is Spring, after all, the possibilities should be endless.

And then there's the matter of getting back into shape, more specifically getting back to a size I would be more comfortable in. Tonight, at dinner, Mike made a comment about some girl who "didn't look like she has a kid". And although I know he didn't mean it as an insult to me, I did take it pretty hard and have spent the past 3 hours moping about it. I really shouldn't be offended. I have, after all, overextended my pass to use the "I just had a baby" excuse. Surprisingly, I've also recently learned that having to buy bigger clothes annuls the very notion of fun in buying anything new. I always said the day I get discouraged to shop is the day I should be worried.

This cry for change may be short-lived, who knows. I don't think I'm really calling for any substantial change -- just a revival of something I used to enjoy and hopefully get back in those skinny jeans again. Anything's possible, right? :)


April Goal 1: Get back into taking more photos. Task: Post a new (non-Ethan) photo every week.

April Goal 2: Get back into shape. Task: Do some kind of workout at least 2x a week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails