Sunday, February 17, 2008

LINKIN PARK ROCKS!!!!!

So every once in a blue moon, Mike and I get to pretend we're rock stars and we do stupid crap like swim with stingrays or jump out of airplanes... but it's been a while since we've been to a concert -- last time was actually nearing 4 years ago when we first got back from Bosnia (it was Linkin Park, KORN and Snoop Dogg). Luckily for us, our individual tastes in music don't vary that much.. although he still makes fun of me sometimes for being a veteran NSYNC junkie. :)

Anyway, we figured we were way overdue for one, so for a romantic post-Valentine date, we decided to spontaneously wisk ourselves to Detroit -- thank you Mr Asian guy from Craigslist who sold us the floor tickets for face value -- and saw Linkin Park (it was a 3rd for me and I think the 4th for Mike). We coulda care less about the opening acts - Coheed and Cambria - though they actually didn't turn out so bad.

It was BY FAR, THE BEST concert I've ever been to... and I'd been to quite a few in my pre-mommy years. It was definitely the closest I've been to the stage. Granted I almost passed out from all the weed, not to mention the mosh pit...

Of course, STUPID ME, I forgot the digital camera in the car and didn't realize it until we got to the floor. Hence, the overly pathetic shots taken by my 1.2 megapixel Razor which will NEVER do this experience justice... but no use in moping about it now.






This video was taken from last night's concert by someone in the front row... it was a KICK ASS show.


Linkin Park - Given up LIVE - Projekt Revolution Tour Detroit 2008

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Looks like a fabulous time!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails