Monday, December 05, 2005

Watch Out Martha Stewart



After a long-winded debate of whether to stick with the traditional live tree, we finally decided against it and instead got a loaner 7.5 ft artificial tree from Mike's parents (after all, they're going to be spending this year's Christmas with us here). It barely took us 15 minutes to put it up, it doesn't need to be watered, and less pine needles to vaccum...

I'm proud of our tree this year. Much to my powers of pursuasion (or perhaps the days of whining and begging Mike to shy away from the overrated multi-colored theme this year)... we decorated our tree with royal blue, white and silver. He didn't like the idea of having to buy all new ornaments, but 35 Walmart dollars later, and after all was said and done.. I'm pretty sure he was impressed at how well it turned out too. It's still missing a tree topper though. For some reason, we're being awfully picky about that.. but we have some ideas up our sleeves.

No presents under the tree yet. I did bravely spend about 2 hours at the store yesterday to pick up some gifts for my brother and sister and Mike (which my legs later on painfully paid for) so I have some wrapping to do tonight.. which incidently, also happens to be my most favorite Christmas chore. It used to be shopping... but 33 lbs heavier and always gasping for air, I shamelessly just don't have the energy to walk the mall corridors for countless hours anymore.

I also picked up our traditional ornament... we started a tradition that every year, we would get a new ornament that best represents our year together. Part of the deal was that we would take turns every year, and last year he got a Precious Moments "Our First Christmas" ornament.

This year... well... my pick is a surprise.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails